Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I haven't been on here in a couple of months. So many things have happened. The worst being that my mother passed away on January 27th. At least my sister, Jeri, and I were there with her when she left us. It was hard to watch. My mother & I had a complicated relationship. We didn't always see things the same way. I hate that I didn't have enough time to get the girls up to Wisc. to visit her before she died. It was a sudden thing. My sister and I had very little notice to get to the hospital and by the time we got there the dr. said she was brain dead. I'm not sure if she heard me or not but I have to believe she knew I was there. I have to say that no matter what your relationship is like with your mom it hurts like hell to lose her. I took for granted that I could call her tomorrow. She was only 59 so I thought there was still alot of time with her. I feel terrible that I never sent this years school pic. of the kids yet. They have been on top of the microwave for months waiting to be put in the mail. I feel bad for my sister because she had to do so much after mom passed. I couldn't get away long enough to help clean the house and plan the funeral. My sister did a great job of giving Mom a beautiful memorial service. It seems like I'm at the age now where you see everyone at funerals and say we have to stop getting together like this! The night I got home from Mom passing...Rachel came up to me and gave me a huge hug and said "I'm sorry your Mom died." And I said "I'm sorry your Grandma died." It was so nice of her to try to comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.