Thursday, January 1, 2009

Late Night Blogging


Here I am still awake at 1:15 a.m. and everyone else is sound asleep. At least now when I can't sleep I can sit and type away on the computer. Insomnia has been a big part of my life for several years. The cycle of being tired during the day but then wide awake at night. Hours of looking at the clock until you've just had enough and you turn the tv back on. They really should have more reality shows on between 2-5 a.m. I try to be so quiet walking through the house that I start to make more noise than if I just went about my business as normal. Every now and then Rachel will get up and tell me she needs a drink, and then she asks if it is already morning. I have to explain that it's still night time and that I just haven't fallen asleep yet. She always says she will try to rub my back to help me doze off since that is what I do for her when she can't sleep. Those are the things I will remember even when I am OLD, or should I say I hope I remember when I get old. Tonight I thought for sure I would fall asleep before midnight but no luck. I told the dr. about all of this and his idea was to take meds, which I'm not against, but when you have to take care of children that's not so easy. I tried to take something over the counter that he suggested and I couldn't pull myself out of bed the next morning. Then he said he could give me something that he just knew would work, and that gave me crazy nightmares that made it even harder to get back to sleep. I kind of like my quiet time but I know tomorrow when they wake up and I've only been asleep for 2 hours I will be sorry. I think I'm going to go watch some silly tv shows. My new favorite is The Real Housewives of Orange County. These women are so funny! I thought that as you grew older, had a family, became stinking rich that you would have no worries or problems at all. These ladies fight like they are still in high school and drink like they just got to a keg party, except with wine. I've learned in California women drink wine all day long, even while shopping they are holding a wine glass. I wonder what the girls at Old Navy would say if I cracked open a Coors Light? Why do you need to drink while spending $1,959.99 on a pair of jeans anyways, lol. I wouldn't watch the show if it weren't so funny! I love to shop but watching some of these rich ladies spend $40,000 on a necklace almost made me cry. I'm not sure if I was going to cry out of jealousy or just the waste of money that they don't even see the value of. Oh well, it's just a "reality show". I'm sure they are told to go spend a sick amount of money because they are in L.A. and that's what viewers expect to see. Either way it is entertainment, and at 2:00 a.m. I need something that will make me laugh. This picture makes me laugh....it's when Coby was a kitten and he always stood on his back legs. I don't think he knew he was a cat! Now he's all grown up and too fat to stand like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.