Monday, June 4, 2012

Brooke's 8th Grade Dance

At the end of Brooke's 8th grade school year she went to her very first dance.  I think I was more nervous than she was.  It was so much fun taking her shopping for her dress, shoes, and jewelry.  She had decided months ago to go with her bff, Paige, because Paige's boyfriend is in high school and couldn't go. Paige's aunt was the one who did their hair & makeup. I was so excited when I saw her after everything was done. She looked like a beautiful young lady and not a little girl. I almost cried but I kept it together so Brooke didn't tease me. Brooke was so happy with the way her hair and make up turned out. She always has her hair straight and never wears make up so she couldn't believe her own eyes when she looked in the mirror and saw all the curls. She said she felt so pretty & you could tell by the way she was strutting around that she was on top of the world.  The dance was only a couple of hours long and then she saw some of her friends afterwards at Buffalo Wild Wings. I was so excited to hear all about the dance when I picked her and Paige up.  They were so full of energy I couldn't figure out what either one of them was saying because they were both talking at the same time.  All I know is that I wish Brooke could feel like that every day of her life.  I was happy that she liked the necklace I picked out for her & the bracelet.  She said it was the perfect pop of color, lol.  Now she is looking forward to the dances in high school, but I'm not sure if her father & I are.  She is growing up too fast and I can't believe she is going to be in high school in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.