Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you all are having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Even if you're single you should take the time to pamper yourself! I can remember 16 years ago I had the worst Valentine's Day, but I had no idea it would lead me to the man I would spend forever with!!! I was 17 and I was seeing a guy who didn't think he needed to take me out for Valentine's Day, he planned to go out with his friends, which was a habit I was getting tired of. So the light bulb went off in my head & I listened to my friends advice & went out to a big party & had a blast. I wasn't looking for love, since I was very bitter at the time, lol, but couldn't help but notice this guy who was tall, funny, and very persistant. Even though our first meeting was filled with him being silly & locking my cell phone, and not telling me how to unlock it, he had such a sense of humor and that's just what I needed. I then found out he had just split from a relationship too so I really just thought we would go out a few times & have fun & no stress of being serious. Wow that was 16 years ago! Now we have 3 beautiful daughters and it's been a long road, but as time goes on it seems to be getting easier. I love that we can finish each others sentences, and read each others mind. It gives me goose bumps sometimes thinking about something & then he looks at me & says "hey are you hungry for chinese?" and I look at him like how did you get in my head. I am so thankful that 16 years ago I was pushed aside so that I could find my soul mate & best friend. I hope I have many more Valentine's with Mr. Grinka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.