Monday, June 22, 2009

Home from Vacation





We just got back from Pigeon Forge Tennessee. These are a few pictures from the trip. I think I took over 800 pictures during the week. On the way down to the cabin we stopped at the zoo in Louisville Kentucky. Then to the hotel and the kids loved spending time at the pool. Then we hit the road early the next morning to the cabin in the woods. It was so much fun. The cabin was 3 stories tall with 2 stories of decks, a hot tub, sauna, pool table, air hockey, and a view that would take your breath away. The first night at the cabin the kids couldn't get enough of the pool table and I coldn't get out of the hot tub. We had a busy week planned. We spent one day in Gatlinburg at the Ripley's Aquarium. Nights were full of fun downtown on the strip where the kids could do carnival rides or go carts, and mini-golf. We spent on afternoon at a petting zoo that had some of the craziest animals I've ever seen. We got to play with deer, and baby goats. They had camels that would eat out of your hands. Then we got feed the fish in their pond and the fish were over 3 feet long. The kids loved that. The first 2 nights we were at the cabin it stormed. It was so pretty to see the sky light up in the mountains, but the kids were freaking out and had a hard time getting to sleep. Ron took Kelsey and Rachel on a helicopter tour over the mountains while Brooke and I went shopping along the strip. I wish I could have seen their faces going over the mountains, but I wasn't about to get into a helicopter. The kids ate at The Waffle House for the first time. That was fun and sticky. We were sad to say goodbye to the Smokey Mountains but it was so nice to get back home. I can only handle so much of the woods, humidity, and bugs. The last night we were at the cabin a bear tore apart the garbage cans and that was a nasty mess! I will try to upload as many pic's as I can but I really don't think anyone wants to see all 800 of them. I will put video's on youtube. My channel is jmelyn29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.