Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend






















This was a great weekend. The kids helped me plant flowers and they even loved pulling out all the weeds left over from last year. We painted the fence & shedd, cooked out, and went to Lake Michigan. The water was a bit cold, but the kids didn't care. They had so much fun running in the waves, and collecting rocks. I really didn't want the day to end, but kids got bored, and I got tired, so we packed up to head home around 5:30 p.m. I can't wait for school to be out for summer so that we can go to the beach more often. I could sit there all day long! It's so peaceful and I love the sound of the waves coming in. I couldn't help but think about my nephew, Dan, who is in the Army and stationed in Iraq. He loves being in the Army, and I'm so proud of him. I just wish he was back in the states doing training rather than fighting in a war. So as you are celebrating the holiday weekend please think about why we get to have a 3 day weekend with our families, and how there are people away from their families right now so we can have our freedom.

1 comment:

  1. The girls look so cute they are growing up so fast!
    menearfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.