Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stray vs Purebred


What makes one cat better than another? I have 2 himalayan cats, Coby & Bella, then I have been feeding a stray cat which I have named Smokey. My purebred cats are great, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Smokey is also great. He is a beautiful silver tabby and is so sweet. The other day he was in a bad cat fight and his back leg was cut open and infected. I had to take him to the vet and get him treatment. I think of him as my pet, even though he lives outside. I've been feeding him for a year, and I spend time with him everyday. What makes him any less important than the purebred cats that I paid money for? I've been told I can't keep him in the house because he is a stray, and that really upsets me. I really wanted to get him healthy and clean and try to get the other cats use to him. For now he is in the garage in a huge dog crate because the vet said he has to stay there until his leg heals or he will probably be attacked again. I've been making sure he eats and I'm cleaning his leg like I was told to do, but once he's better I've been told to find him a home. I'm just as attached to him as I am the other 2 cats that I bought from a breeder. Why isn't he good enough to be our pet? The kids love him so much and I don't want to take him to the shelter. I just can't stand to think of what will happen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
Ron & I have 3 beautiful daughters! Brooke's 15 years old, Kelsey is 12, and Rachel is the youngest & she is 10. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. We moved to Indiana in 2001. Most of my family lives in Illinois. I'm a very out going person and love to meet new people.